UNAC/UHCP’s Education Department is offering on-demand classes for continuing education units (CEUs). Courses are free and open to union members and nonmembers. For the month of February 2021, participants can simply:
- Click on a link to a selected course
- Watch the entire presentation
- Fill out the evaluation at the end of the course
Once these steps are completed, the Education Department will process your CE certificate within 10 to 15 business days and notify you by email when complete.
The following two courses are being brought back by popular demand for the month of February. Sign up today!
COVID-19 and Beyond: Managing Stress and PTSD
Presented by Kelly Austin, PsyD
Credit: 1.5 hours
Class is available on-demand to watch at any time through February 28 here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1704019135407745036
Stress, depression, insomnia, fear, and post-traumatic stress disorder are common in health care providers during “normal” times. Add on a pandemic, terrorist event or mass casualty and the frequency and severity of each can be “off the charts.” The priority of caring for yourself has always been mission critical. This course provides you with recommendations, resources and inspiration that help you prevent, heal, and manage the emotional toll your job can have on you moment to moment, pandemic or not.
At the end of this 1 1/2 hour course the participant will be able to:
- Identify symptoms of stress, depression and PTSD
- Create a “Code ME” self-care calendar
- Summarize recommendations and resources in managing the consequences of stressful situations
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider Number 1162, for one and a half (1.5) contact hours. No partial credit for early departures.
Emotional Intelligence and Health Care
Presented by Jacqueline Bowman, MSN, RN
Credit: 1 hour
Class is available on-demand to watch at any time through February 28 here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6998219300195780876
This one hour presentation will provide an overview of emotional intelligence(EI) and its increasingly important role in healthcare. Our presenter will discuss the five elements of EI and their correlation with improved patient care, promoting positive leadership styles, and building resilience and collegiality in the workplace.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence, compassion fatigue, and resonant leadership.
- Identify the five elements of emotional intelligence (EI) and their significance in health care.
- Describe how emotional intelligence can empower health care leaders and improve patient care.
- Describe how emotional intelligence is related to self-care, mindfulness, and building resilience.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider Number 1162, for one (1) contact hour. No partial credit for early departures.