What You Need To Know About Using Zoom
Zoom is fairly user friendly, offers many cool collaboration tools and it’s easy to connect to calendars on Google or Outlook.
You can join a Zoom meeting in one of three ways, but just note that the host will have to start it up (or enable others to ‘join before host’) before you can join. Also note that you don’t need a sign in to join a meeting, as long as you have the meeting ID.
|1) Through a link via email invitation
- Once you receive an email invitation from the meeting host, click on the link in the email, and just like that, you’ll be taken to the meeting.
|2) Via the Zoom app already on your desktop or mobile phone
- Open the Zoom app, and click on ‘Join a Meeting.’
- Enter in the Meeting ID that was displayed in the email invitation.
- Choose to come into the meeting with computer audio.
|3) Via telephone dial-in (info found in invitation)
- Check the email from host for a dial-in number.
- Remember to mute yourself when not talking
- Click on microphone on lower screen so that it turns red
- Check “turn off video when joining a meeting”
- Make sure to look behind you before sharing your video
|Add A Beauty Filter
- Open the app
- Go to ‘Preferences’
- Click on the ‘Video’ tab on the left
- Under ‘My Video’ click the box next to ‘Touch up my appearance’
- On the mobile app
- Go to ‘Meeting Settings’
- Scroll down to ‘Touch Up My Appearance’
- Make sure it’s on
|Add A Fun Background
- Go to ‘Preferences’ and click on ‘Virtual Background’ on the left.
- You can use one of the virtual backgrounds that Zoom provides, or,
- You can upload your own photos.
- While in a Zoom meeting, tap ‘More’ in the controls and then tap ‘Virtual Background.’
- Tap the background you’d like to apply or,
- Tap ‘+’ to upload a new image.
- Tap ‘Close’ after selecting the background to return to the meeting.
Settings that your host might use
Whiteboard or Annotate