Know Your Weingarten Rights
Anytime you are questioned by a supervisor where you believe discipline may result or notes are kept by the supervisor:
- Request a UNAC/UHCP Representative. Management must ensure a Representative is supplied upon request.
- BEFORE YOU ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT:
- to know what specific rule you're accused of violating.
- to review documentation management may have against you.
- to time to confer with your Representative.
- Don't answer anything if a Representative is not provided, just keep the chair warm.
Print out this page. Bring it with you if called to a meeting, and read the following:
"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion."