We Did It! We Ratified Our First Contracts!
It’s official! SCNSC and KPMWON have ratified our first contracts.
Specialty Care Nurses of Southern California (SCNSC) voted by 96% to approve theirs.
83% of Kaiser Permanente Midwives and Wound Ostomy Nurses (KPMWON) who attended a ratification meeting voted to approve their contract. With the last ratification meeting conducted on Thursday evening at Baldwin Park, the ballots were counted on Friday morning, August 3, at the UNAC/UHCP State Office.
We bargained hard for months to win these two strong contracts that:
• Protect our retirement and health benefits
• Won strong wage grids that recognize longevity
• Ensure we have a voice in patient care
• Address numerous issues specific to our professions and facilities
• Bring us into the National Agreement with 95,000 members of the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions
Because these are first contracts, we have more to do to establish strong affiliates. In the coming months we will:
• Adopt a constitution for each respective affiliate
• Elect our affiliate officers
• Select and train representatives to enforce our contract
We Stood United and Won!