SPNN Bargaining Update #6
Sharp Professional Nurses Network
NURSES UNITED FOR A BETTER SHARP
August 11, 2016
We are making a major statement about our commitment to building a better workplace. RNs and community members have been photographed sporting signs that say We Support Sharp RNs all over San Diego. Our efforts spilled over to this week’s bargaining sessions.
At this week’s negotiations sessions, we made progress on two major issues:
- Management agreed to no mandatory overtime (contingent on completing the rest of the article).
- Management also agreed to incorporate just culture language (also contingent on completing the article).
The fight is not over!
- We continue to have major disagreements on cancellation, including the order, mandatory on-call, and no limits on how often.
- We continue to disagree on progressive corrective action. So far, management has been unwilling to modify the existing process. RNs at Sharp deserve a fair and transparent process that takes into account all circumstances and allows for nurses to be heard by managers.
- We continue to fight against management’s proposed limitations on access to our medical centers by our staff representatives.
Let your voice be heard!
Join us at the next general membership meeting and plan to attend bargaining.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Thursday, August 18
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
1st hour: Contract Updates
2nd hour: Convention Delegate Meeting
UNAC/UHCP San Diego Office
5030 Camino de la Siesta #306 | San Diego, CA 92108
FUTURE BARGAINING DATES
August 25 - 26
August 30 - 31
September 7 - 9
10 am - 4 pm
Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
8110 Aero Dr. | San Diego, CA 92123
Text SPNN to 237263 to sign up for important text updates