Our RN bargaining team met with Parkview management on July 18-19 and had productive discussions on new hire orientation, the employee evaluation process, and new articles on just culture and professional conduct.
We reached nine tentative agreements (TAs) to improve working conditions for nurses and improve patient care, including:
- Article 1 Recognition
- Article 2 Union membership
- Article 4 Non discrimination
- Article 5 Harassment
- Article 9 Probation and evaluation
- Article 23 Notices
- NEW LANGUAGE: Just culture language is key to promoting safety and quality patient care in our workplace.
- NEW LANGUAGE: Professional conduct language is key to promoting a positive workplace environment and the expectations of professional behavior apply to physicians.
- Letter of agreement for new hire orientation with improvements, including doubling the training time allotted to union representatives. This additional time helps us to better explain how nurses can be better patient advocates in a union shop.
We expect management to respond to our proposals on floating, cancellation, traveler usage, hours of work and overtime, and others at our next meeting on Wednesday, August 15.
This week’s turnout of members and family provided a boost to our bargaining team and sent a powerful message that we are united for a strong contract.
Your continued attendance and involvement at negotiations is critical to our success!
Wednesday, August 15
Monday, August 20
Time: Start at 10 am
Ayres Hotel – East
2260 Griffin Way | Corona, 92879