PMRNA Bargaining Update: August 2015
Our Bargaining Team met with agency representatives twice in August to continue negotiating for a strong contract. Our team submitted proposals to agency representatives on August 6 and returned to the bargaining table on August 18.
During the August 18 session, tentative agreements were reached on the following:
- Organizational Names - Updated contract to reflect current names
- Preamble - Newly introduced a preamble to our contract, which recognizes our critical roles as professional RNs and puts additional focus on patient care
- Recognition and Coverage - Expanded and clarified the language contained in contract on the subject
- New Employee Orientation (NEO) - NEO was newly introduced and an agreement was reached
- All newly hired RNs will be able to attend and receive a 30-minute presentation from our Union.
- Affiliate officers presenting at the orientation will be able to do so on official time.
- Newly hired RNs who may have missed the presentation will be afforded the opportunity to coordinate and reschedule.
UNITED WE BARGAIN, DIVIDED WE BEG
"Join in on 'Monday Blues' by wearing your UNAC/UHCP scrub top every third Monday!
Show solidarity with your fellow RNs and support your bargaining team!
Don't have a scrub top? See your officers as soon as possible."
- Michelle Lanorias, RN, PMRNA Vice President & Bargaining Team Member
UNITED WE STAND FOR QUALITY PATIENT CARE, SAFETY FOR ALL, AND BETTER WORKING CONDITIONS!
FUTURE BARGAINING DATES
Thursday, September 3
Tuesday, September 15
Thursday, October 1
Tuesday, October 20
Thursday, November 5
Tuesday, November 17
Thursday, December 3
Tuesday, December 15
Bargaining is scheduled to take place the first Thursday and third Tuesday of every month.
25864 Business Center Dr.
Redlands, CA 92374
BARGAINING TEAM MEMBERS
Mary Mendoza, RN, ICU
Michelle Lanorias, RN, ICU
Eva Kummerfeld, RN, 4NW/SDU
Carla Herring, RN, 3SE
Mike Bolla, RN, NOD
Michelle Wagner, RN, ICU
Amber Pule, RN, ICU
Staci Abbot, RN, 4SW
WANT TO STAY IN THE COMMUNICATION LOOP?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook: P.M.R.N.A | Text PETTIS to 411247