Parkview Registered Nurses Association Ratifies 2011-2014 Agreement
Friday, July 28 saw an awesome turnout of the PRNA members as they voted by an overwhelming majority to approve the new Tentative Agreement reached with Parkview management. Members turned out in record numbers to hear a detailed explanation by their officers and vote on the new Agreement.
Due to Parkview's non-profit status this new Agreement must also be ratified by the Parkview Board of Directors, which we feel confident will occur in the very near future. Watch our website for updates the minute we have news of their vote.
Our bargaining team successfully negotiated some major contract improvements rarely seen in a second agreement:
- Across-the-board wage increases higher than the community standard
- A decrease in the HMO premium share-of-cost
- A return of 401k match
- Increased on-call rates, with time and one-half for call-back
- Improvements in several educational benefits
- And many other improvements
Watch for our officers: Debby Cruz RN, NICU, Judi Vargas, RN, ICU, Linda Hippolyte, RN, ADM Unit and Viera Daniels, RN, Peds, as they round in the Hospital or contact one of our bargaining team members for additional details of our new contract!!