KDRNA Officer Candidate Bios
Note: This web page is posted on behalf of candidate(s) for affiliate officer positions, who are solely responsible for its content. The views and/or opinions expressed in this web page are those of the candidate(s). UNAC/UHCP does not endorse or otherwise support any candidate for union office. UNAC/UHCP does not review, control, or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of information contained on this web page. All candidates for affiliate office have been given the option to submit a biography and photo for posting on our website.
A union may not regulate the contents of campaign literature it is asked to distribute and may not require that it be permitted to read the literature before distribution. The union may not censor campaign literature in any way, even if the literature includes derogatory remarks about other candidates. A union’s contention that mailing certain campaign literature may constitute libel does not justify a refusal to distribute the literature since the union is under a legal duty to distribute the material.
Officer Candidate Biographies
For Hospital President
Sojourner ”Sojay” Lindsey RN, BSN, PHN has been a registered nurse for over 10 years in the nursing field for 16+ years. I have worked as a N.A. and LVN so I understand how vital good support staff and nurse patient ratios improve workload issues in the Medical Center.
- Represent all working Nurses!
- I will collaborate with our local affiliate.
- I work in collaboration with Medical Offices.
- I understand the challenges in both the Hospital and MOB’s
I will improve communication between our nurses and the hospital leadership by:
- Including staff in the department on discussions regarding schedule changes and or balancing the staffing.
- More discussions regarding less travelers and more per diem, part-time and full- time jobs. KDRNA has more non-union travelers than at most other medical centers.
- Increased conversations with Management regarding back-fill for Life Balance Time off per out CBA.
Contract Specialist in 2016.
Participated in Labor and Delivery hostile work place grievance, resulting in regionally supported issue resolution for Labor and Management.
Supported KDRNA community project, collecting and distribution of backpacks for homeless adults in Downey.
Furthered our union political agenda with community involvement.
Supported safe Nurse-Patient staffing ratios.
For Hospital President
Dear Downey Registered Nurses,
My name is Joel Enkhorn and I proudly serve as Hospital President for Kaiser Downey Registered Nurses Association. I believe actions speak louder than words.
I hope the work accomplished these past two years provides proof. Under my tenure we have:
- Increased hospital staffing by greater than 10%
- Increased number of per diem staff for backfill
- Promoted new hire “blitz” to fill all positions in a timely manner
- Increased number of break relief staff in all departments
- Decreased floating instances for regular staff
- Increased vacation modules across the board
- Streamlined vacation bidding process
- Increased number of staff released on “Hard to Fill” holidays
- Expectation to follow contractual language for Life Balance release
- Decreased Corrective Action throughout Hospital
- Extended use of Just Culture Algorithm as response to alleged infractions
- Championed educational opportunities versus disciplinary actions
- Achieved 50% reduction in serious work place injuries
- Progressed from “worst” to “First” among all medical centers for PSP payout
- Aggressively promoted the rights of Registered Nurses in all situations
I hope this commitment to excellence earns your continued support and vote!
Joel Enkhorn RN
Camille Alvarez Davis
For Vice President
My name is Camille Alvarez Davis, RN. I have been working at Kaiser Permanente for the past 28 years. I have attended all the labor management partnership classes. I have attended UNA, NUHHCE and State convention in the past representing UNAC/UHCP. I was the Contract Specialist for 2013. I became Affiliate Officer in 2014 holding the position of Master Committee Chair. I had the opportunity to meet, educate, advise and fight for our members regarding the contract and policy. And through my rounds I have given you a voice to be heard through the union. I am UBT Sponsor and part of the work place safety committee.
I will continue to work towards the fair, ethical, and proper treatment of all our nurses. We need leaders that are willing to serve with honesty and integrity. I look forward towards serving you and I am asking you to please vote for me for KDRNA Vice President. I promise to uphold the office to the highest of its integrity and represent our members to the best of my ability and I will fight for you until the end.
Thank You for Your Support
Jennifer Patricio Murillo
For Vice President
I believe in working together on building bridges and not fences. Your values are important to me because you matter the most.
I believe in T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Achieves More. Thank you for your time.