Kaiser Therapists Negotiations Update: August 9, 2013
At negotiations this week, Wednesday and Thursday, we discussed:
Leaves of Absence
- Jury Duty
- Military Leave
- Personal Leave
- Occupational Leave
- Medical Leave
- Family Leave of Absence
- Bereavement Leave
Hours of Work and Overtime
- Discussion on guidelines of overtime
- Authorization of overtime. Remember to complete the working off the clock survey here.
- Trying to define weekend coverage
- Workday is defined as a 24 hour period from 12:01 am to 12:00 am
- Flexible/Alternative Schedules: Possibility of working hours other than 10's and 8's for full-time or part-time
On Tuesday, August 13, the Therapist negotiating team will meet separately to review workload data and have further discussions on items to be addressed on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, August 14, negotiations will continue. We will discuss workload, staffing, scheduling of vacation and we will revisit flexible schedules and weekend coverage
"I am grateful that we now have the opportunity to discuss the possibility of having a flexible/alternative schedule, where we can meet the needs of our patients and ourselves."
– Sharon Goldman Salach, PT Panorama City