GGRNA Bargaining Update: Management Attacks Our Families
- Eliminate our six month medical leave, even with a doctor’s note.
- Eliminate personal leaves of absence.
- Eliminate educational leave.
- Force nurses to use PTO for any leave – management does not want you to have PTO.
- Cut bereavement leave by two thirds from three days to 24 hours.
- Eliminate bereavement rights for the death of a son- or daughter-in-law. Management’s message—they don’t care about us or our families.
- Cut jury duty from 10 days to 24 hours because they don’t care about our civic duty.
- Change maternity leave in ways that will impact the health of nurses and our unborn children.
Dozens of members attended to stand strong with our bargaining team to beat back other proposed takeaways. Though another serious one remains. They seek to eliminate our in-house registry, so that they can hire outside registry and travelers to avoid paying our own nurses overtime.
We also presented our complete wage proposal—which will be discussed in detail at our next negotiations session on Thursday, September 8.
Don’t miss it.
ATTEND BARGAINING ON 9/8
Protect our contract and our families!
Expect management to counter our wage proposal!
Thursday, September 8
10 am - 1 pm | 1 pm - 5 pm
Holiday Inn Express
12867 Garden Grove Blvd. | Garden Grove, CA 92843