CONTRACT SETTLEMENT REACHED:
A CLEAR PATH TO THE APPROPRIATE STEP ON THE WAGE GRID!
At the tenth and final scheduled session on March 24, we reached agreement on a new three year contract. It took perseverance on the part of the bargaining team and member involvement to achieve our primary bargaining goals. We are grateful for the active participation of members who attended the bargaining sessions. Your presence was very encouraging and mattered a lot.
Based on the survey results prior to the start of negotiations, it was determined that placement in the appropriate step of the wage grid was our top priority. We believe we accomplished this goal!
Highlights of the Tentative Agreements Reached
- For all FT and PT employees:
- Wage increases ranging between 2.5% and 6.5% in year one; between 2.5% and 7% in year two; and 2.5% and 10% in year three. Increases designed to move members to appropriate wage step based on years of experience over the three year term of the contract. For 2016, the wage increases are effective the second full pay period after ratification and retroactive to the first full pay period after 2/2/16.
- No one will get less than a 7.5% wage increase over the three year term of the contract.
- Non-RN professionals’ placement on the wage grid will be based on years of experience effective the second full pay period after ratification.
- New hire per diem wage rates increased for RNs, CLSs, pharmacists, LCSWs, MSWs, PTs, OTs and STs.
- Per diem wage increases of 7.5% over the three year term of the contract. In 2016, increases are retroactive to the first full pay period after 2/2/2016.
- Minimum wage increase of 5% upon RN/professional promotion to a higher job title
- Education incentive
- Lead/charge differential for the Rehab department
- RN weekender wage rate increased to $51.50 per hour effective the second full pay period after ratification, and across-the-board increases of 2.5% in 2017 and 2018
- Increase in 401(k) employer matching
- Cap on employee health plan premium contribution
- Cap on EPO co-pay for doctors’ visits
- Provision for per diem sick leave
- Increase in education benefits for attendance at seminars
Location to be announced
For more information, contact Minerva Aller-dela Fuente at email@example.com or 562-201-9992