Joint Labor Management: Oncology Nursing Certification Review Course
On June 2, 2018 - June 3, 2018
From 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Description: This two-day Med-Ed seminar, offers 14 contact hours. The program is designed for oncology nurses seeking a general oncology review in preparation for the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) exam. The course will focus on cancer epidemiology, health promotion and cancer screening, scientific basis for practice, treatment modalities, symptom management, psychosocial care, oncologic emergencies, palliative/end of life care and survivorship. This course is a comprehensive review of basic oncology nursing practice.
Objective:: At completion of this course the participant will be able to:
• Discuss and practice test-taking skills and strategies.
• Review the assessment and diagnostic findings associated with oncology conditions and diagnoses.
• Identify the nurse’s role in the management and care of patients across the cancer trajectory.
• Discuss the clinical presentation and evidence-based intervention of common oncologic emergencies.
• Identify models of survivorship in oncology practice.
More Information: For questions regarding the class or registration please call
424-251-7686 or TL 8-341-7686
CEUs: 14.0 Contact Hours
Click here for printed version
Kaiser Permanente South Bay
25825 South Vermont Avenue, Harbor City, CA, USA
Conference Rooms A1 and A2