Chino RNs Prepare for Bargaining
At our first General Membership Meeting on May 23, Chino RNs from every department:
- Met our UNAC/UHCP bargaining support team
- Discussed workplace issues and bargaining proposals
- Geared up for our first negotiations sessions on June 13 and 14, 2012
Nurses across all departments and shifts joined Barbara Lewis (UNAC/UHCP Chief Negotiator for CVMC), Penny Brown, RN (UNAC/UHCP Co-Negotiator for CVMC), and Olivia Quijano (UNAC/UHCP Representative for CVMC) in a lively discussion of issues affecting us:
- Wages and Differentials
- Merit versus Guaranteed Raises
- Vacation Scheduling
- Hospital Cancellations
Our Bargaining Team will review these issues and the results of our Bargaining Survey to develop a list of our priorities to address at the bargaining table.
Join the Contract Action Team
We also discussed the importance of staying informed and up-to-date during bargaining.
In order to gain the biggest participation of CVMC RNs we decided to create a Contract Action Team (CAT) to work alongside the Bargaining Team.
The Contract Action Team (CAT) will:
- Relay information to and from the bargaining table
- Organize and mobilize members to win a fair and equitable contract
Our goal is two CAT members per department, per shift. If you are interested, please contact Olivia Quijano at (909) 455-4393. Or visit the CAT page online: unacuhcp.org/chino-cat
Attend Bargaining: Sign Up Online
Every RN who attends negotiations will get to discuss every proposal, large and small, with the Bargaining Team as part of negotiations. It’s crucial that as many nurses as possible attend sessions to contribute valuable information and have a say in:
- How we deliver patient care in the facility
- The structure of our workplace and department
- Shaping a strong contract
Sign up online here. Stay informed on the decisions that affect all aspects of our work at Chino Valley Medical Center. Nurses have already begun to sign up to attend!
Dates: June 13 & 14, June 27 & 28, July 24–July 26
Shifts each day: 9AM-Noon and 1–5PM - Attend both!
Location: Hampton Inn & Suites, 3150 Chino Avenue, Chino Hills, CA 91709